SWISTAK YOUTH PROGRAM
SUPPORT YOUR CHILD'S GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT WITH WEIGHT TRANING.
Mondays 6:15pm - 7:15pm
Saturdays - 10:45am - 11:45am
The Swistak Youth Development Program is a carefully curated syllabus by renowned former Team USA weightlifting competitor, Olympic weightlifting coach and 3x Crossfit Games masters athlete Steven Swistak.
As a USAW Community Development and Functional Fitness training facility, FWD.Fit fosters and promotes a Youth Development Program with the purpose of promoting weightlifting and functional movement that is safe, healthy, and fun for young athletes 11 years+.
Boys and girls in the Westchester County area will be given the opportunity to qualify for and participate in national and international weightlifting competitions and learn how to move better and develop the strength to help with their day-to-day activities.
Weightlifting and Functional Fitness are SAFE for youth athletes. The following medical associations have accepted weight training for children as a safe and effective mode of exercise:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Osteopathic Academy for Sports Medicine (AOASM)
- American Academy of Pediatricians (AAP)
For any athletes interested in competing, our competition team, FWD.Fit Weightlifting will allow young athletes to have the opportunity to compete locally, regionally, and at various national competitions including the National Youth (U17) and the National Junior Championships (U20).
The program will run continuously throughout the year and can be started at any time. We offer 10-class punch cards that can be used any time without expiry to promote commitment but offer flexibility around athletes' schooling and sports schedule.